Frequently Asked Questions
We offer a wide range at breakfast to please most palates. If however, you have a specific dietary need please let us know at the time of booking and chef will be happy to plan a menu specifically for you.
Please do note that while we are acutely aware of food allergies and apply strict practices in our kitchen to reduce the risk of cross-contamination of food allergens, we cannot guarantee that any of our food is ‘free-from’.
Terms & Conditions
- Woodlands Country House reserves the right to refuse any booking
- All bookings must be secured by a minimum 20% deposit. Full payment may be required at the time of booking in certain circumstances for example, whole house bookings or special packages to which separate T&Cs may apply.
- Cottage bookings: payment of the balance a minimum of 7 days prior to the check-in. Cancellations 14 days or more before the intended stay will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the stay will forfeit the full amount paid, in all circumstances. Appropriate travel insurance is recommended.
- Guest house bookings: 48 hours’ notice is required, in all circumstances, to cancel any booking; failure to provide such notice will incur full charge for the booking as made, if the room is unable to be resold. Appropriate travel insurance is recommended.
- In the event of a government/local authority imposed ‘lockdown’, the booking may be transferred to any future date available without additional charges. The deposit will be retained to secure this future booking.
- All outstanding accommodation fees, goods or services must be settled on or before departure.
- Woodlands Country House reserves the right to make charge for damages, howsoever caused or additional cleaning required beyond normal housekeeping standards.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within Woodlands Country House or The Cottage. A fine of £200 will be incurred for the additional cleaning required in the event of smoking within the premises and will be reported to Cumbria constabulary as criminal damage.
- Woodlands Country House reserve the right to deny guests entry to the public areas or the accommodation, if their behaviour is deemed anti-social and no refund will be given in these circumstances.
- Woodlands Country House will not be liable for anything caused by event or circumstance beyond our reasonable or foreseeable control. We shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage unless they are caused by any negligence, or breach of any law or legal or contractual obligation on our part. We shall not be liable for any losses caused by any act or omission on your part.
- Woodlands Country House cannot guarantee that our website or any website content will be free from errors or omissions. Any mistakes or errors in our website content which we fail to notice, will not be binding on us. We reserve the right to correct any errors in our website content and to change any of our website content (including services, products, availability, and pricing) at any time without notice, including in any booking or order you have submitted or contract you have entered into with us on the basis of it. If any correction affects a booking or order you have submitted or contract you have entered into with us to your material detriment, then you will be afforded opportunity to cancel.