Frequently Asked Questions
Social distancing measures and a one-way system are in place through the guest house, along with a hand sanitising station.
Breakfast is presently a table service rather than the usual buffet, but a full menu continues. Alternatively, we are more than happy to bring breakfast to your room; please provide us with your selection and time choice before you retire to bed.
Our linens are washed to national laundry thermal disinfection standards, including the addition of BioMaster silver technology.
Housekeeping follow an extensive deep clean protocol before and after every stay; for this reason, we kindly ask your cooperation in a prompt check-out and that we may not be able to provide early access to your room if you should arrive early.
Please be reassured that the team have a number of years of professional training and experience in infection control.
Terms & Conditions
- Woodlands Country House reserves the right to refuse any booking
- All bookings must be secured by a minimum 20% deposit. Full payment may be required at the time of booking in certain circumstances for example, whole house bookings or special packages to which separate T&Cs may apply.
- Cottage bookings: payment of the balance a minimum of 7 days prior to the check-in. Cancellations 14 days or more before the intended stay will forfeit the deposit. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the stay will forfeit the full amount paid, in all circumstances. Appropriate travel insurance is recommended.
- Guest house bookings: 48 hours’ notice is required, in all circumstances, to cancel any booking; failure to provide such notice will incur full charge for the booking as made, if the room is unable to be resold. Appropriate travel insurance is recommended.
- In the event of a government/local authority imposed ‘lockdown’, the booking may be transferred to any future date available without additional charges. The deposit will be retained to secure this future booking.
- All outstanding accommodation fees, goods or services must be settled on or before departure.
- Woodlands Country House reserves the right to make charge for damages, howsoever caused or additional cleaning required beyond normal housekeeping standards.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within Woodlands Country House or The Cottage. A fine of £200 will be incurred for the additional cleaning required in the event of smoking within the premises and will be reported to Cumbria constabulary as criminal damage.
- We reserve the right to deny guests entry to the public areas or the accommodation, if their behaviour is deemed anti-social and no refund will be given in these circumstances.