Imagine yourself at Woodlands, far away from the crowds, the noise and the bustle.. Drive up to the warm old Victorian house, pull the old-fashioned door bell and feel your shoulders relax as you are welcomed in. Put your feet up in the comfortable lounge in front of the open fire and enjoy a cup of tea or coffee with home-made cake or wash away the dust of your journey with a glass of local ale in the bar.
Where is Woodlands?
- 5 minutes from the village pub
- 4 miles from Bassenthwaite Lake
- 12 miles from Keswick, 13 miles from Cockermouth
- 35 minutes drive from the West coast & 45 from Gretna Green
- a million miles from noise, stress and pollution
Picture Ireby, a traditional farming village nestling amongst the hills on the northern edge of the Lake District National Park. Step back in time and enjoy a totally unspoilt area of Cumbria where the rush hour traffic consists of the cows on their way to be milked or a flock of sheep being driven along the lanes.